Machu Picchu Tour by train – Full Day
Our one day train tour to Machu Picchu takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the course of the journey.
Then of course there is Machu Picchu!! Machu Picchu is considered a masterpiece of architecture and engineering. Its unique architectural features and landscape contribute to a veil of mystery woven around much of the literature published about the site. The magic and mystery of Machu Picchu is internationally recognized and it has been on the List of World Heritage Sites of UNESCO since 1983 as part of a cultural and ecological site known as the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
This one day Machu Picchu Tour has it all – dramatic scenery, soaring mountain peaks, heavenly views above the clouds… around every corner a scene that will literally take your breath away!
What is Included?
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Transportation by private van to and from Ollantaytambo
- Round trip Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 3 hour guided tour of the site
- Round trip bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Huayna Picchu mountain climbing ticket
What is not included?
We recommend that you bring?
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
Departure/Return LocationLima, Perú
IncludedProfessional licensed guide fluent in English
Not Includedprivate van to trailhead at km 82
Day 1 – Cusco – Chachabamba – Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
Tour Review Scores And Score Breakdown