Humantay Lake Day Hike
The gorgeous turquoise blue Umantay lake is usually visited with our Classic 5-day Salkantay and 5 Ancascocha via Salkantay treks to Machu Picchu, this lake is available as a day hike if you are unable to hike either the 5-day Salkantay or Ancascocha treks. This is a lake fenced by high dramatic glacial peaks. Action Peru Treks is a sustainable tour operator, our focus is to provide a top-notch service! We are proud to be a completely local indigenous company that promotes responsible tourism in Peru. You will see while hiking with us to Umantay lake that we work very hard to maintain our excellent reputation! Join us on this one-day hike and make the most of your time at Lake Umantay!
What is Included?
- Professional Bilingual English speaking tour guide (additional tour guide for groups of nine people or more)
- Pick up from your hotel and transportation to Soraypampa
- Return transportation from Soraypampa to your Cusco hotel
- One breakfast and one box lunch
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit
What is not included?
- Trekking poles – you can rent them from us
- Horse and horseman (can be rented at Soraypampa)
- Travel /Health/Emergency Insurance
We recommend that you bring?
- Original passport (optional)
- Water (recommend at least 2L)
- Rain jacket/poncho
- Winter hat and gloves
- Rain pants
- Sun block (factor 35+ recommended, the sun can be strong)
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Camera with spare batteries (no. batteries run down faster at high altitudes)
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us)
- Hiking poles – US $5.00 (pair)
Departure/Return LocationLima, Perú
IncludedProfessional licensed guide fluent in English
Not Includedprivate van to trailhead at km 82
DAY 01: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA – LAKE HUMANTAY – CUSCO
- Meals: Breakfast/Box Lunch
- Lowest Elevation: 2,803 m/9,196 ft
- Highest Elevation: 4,213 m/13,822 ft.
- Distance to walk: 6 km/3.7 miles (round trip)
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Tour Review Scores And Score Breakdown