Humantay Lake Day Hike
$750 per person
5 Days 4 Nights
The gorgeous turquoise blue Umantay lake is usually visited with our Classic 5-day Salkantay and 5 Ancascocha via Salkantay treks to Machu Picchu, this lake is available as a day hike if you are unable to hike either the 5-day Salkantay or Ancascocha treks. This is a lake fenced by high dramatic glacial peaks. Action Peru Treks is a sustainable tour operator, our focus is to provide a top-notch service! We are proud to be a completely local indigenous company that promotes responsible tourism in Peru. You will see while hiking with us to Umantay lake that we work very hard to maintain our excellent reputation! Join us on this one-day hike and make the most of your time at Lake Umantay!
What is Included?
- Professional Bilingual English speaking tour guide (additional tour guide for groups of nine people or more)
- Pick up from your hotel and transportation to Soraypampa
- Return transportation from Soraypampa to your Cusco hotel
- One breakfast and one box lunch
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit
What is not included?
- Trekking poles – you can rent them from us
- Horse and horseman (can be rented at Soraypampa)
- Travel /Health/Emergency Insurance
We recommend that you bring?
- Original passport (optional)
- Water (recommend at least 2L)
- Rain jacket/poncho
- Winter hat and gloves
- Rain pants
- Sun block (factor 35+ recommended, the sun can be strong)
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Camera with spare batteries (no. batteries run down faster at high altitudes)
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us)
- Hiking poles – US $5.00 (pair)
Departure/Return LocationLima, Perú
IncludedProfessional licensed guide fluent in English
Not Includedprivate van to trailhead at km 82
DAY 01: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA – LAKE HUMANTAY – CUSCO
We will pick you up from your hotel early in the morning (5 am), and have a beautiful scenic drive of 2 hours duration to Mollepata town situated above the Apurimac river. At Mollepata we will have breakfast at one of the local houses. After breakfast we will get back on the road for 1 hour until we reach Soraypampa, the beginning of the hike. During this portion of the drive we will see our first views of the imposing Salkantay and Humantay Mountains, as well as observe lush vegetation and fields of local families growing potatoes, quinoa, lima beans, etc. At Soraypampa (3,800 m/12,467 ft) We will begin our hike to visit the remarkable, high altitude lake, Humantay. It is directly below the Humantay glacier, and remarkably blue…actually we should probably call it turquoise. This is an astonishing 2 ½ hour round trip excursion. After exploring and taking our lovely photos of this incredibly lake we will have our organic box lunch around the lake enjoying the magnificent views of the surrounding areas. After our box lunch, we return to Soraypampa. Then, it’s just a 2-hour drive back to Cusco. We will drop you off at your Cusco hotel around 5 pm, no doubt exhausted but with incredible memories of aunique day.
- Meals: Breakfast/Box Lunch
- Lowest Elevation: 2,803 m/9,196 ft
- Highest Elevation: 4,213 m/13,822 ft.
- Distance to walk: 6 km/3.7 miles (round trip)
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Tour Review Scores And Score Breakdown