Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
This remote and rarely visited region offers the trekker an insider´s view into traditional Andean life – a timeless world where farmers plant their crops on the lands their ancestors tended and watch over herds of llama and alpaca beneath the sacred snow-covered peaks they worshipped as gods. The Lares Trek to Machu Picchu is one of the Inca trails from the time of the Inca Empire. Today, the trail is still in use by farmers, who are Inca descendants. The Lares Trek connects the communities of Cancha Cancha, Quisuarani, Cuncani and Lares with life in the Sacred Valley. On the third day, we’ll take the afternoon train to Aguas Calientes, having a full day to explore the Machu Picchu Sanctuary and climb Huayna Picchu mountain the last day.
We offer this alternative route to the classic Lares trek to Machu Picchu. We think it is superior because we visit the hot springs on day 3 instead of day 1. On day 3 it is a much deserved reward for completing the hiking portion of the Lares trek.
Additionally our standard package includes a very nice bed and breakfast in Aguas Calientes as well as your ticket to climb Huayna Picchu mountain.
- This half day tour visits the farming laboratory of Moray and the salt mines of Maras. These are two special places in the Sacred Valley and even the drive there from Cusco offers spectacular views. On the drive back to Cusco we will visit Lake Huaypo, a lovely body of crystalline water located at an elevation of 3657 meters (11,915 ft).
What is Included?
- Round-trip transportation with hotel pick up
- English-speaking Tour Guide
What is not included?
- Entrance Fees
- Moray is part of the tourist ticket
- Maras costs 7 soles
We recommend that you bring?
- Tourist ticket
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Camera and film
Departure/Return LocationLima, Perú
IncludedProfessional licensed guide fluent in English
Not Includedprivate van to trailhead at km 82
- Maras village
- Moray Inca terraces
- Salt Mines
- Lake Huaypo
Tour Review Scores And Score Breakdown